John de Forte has specialised in advising law and other professional services firms on tenders for over 25 years. This includes providing input on individual proposals, coaching presentation teams and training both in-house bid managers and fee earners. He regularly speaks and writes on the topic. He is author of Proposals Pitches and Beauty Parades, published by the FT/Pitman, and is a contributor to The Legal Procurement Handbook, published by Buying Legal Council. He also writes a monthly column on business development issues in Professional Marketing magazine.
Projects have included:
• working with consortia to win multi-£bn flagship government contracts in the engineering, construction and other sectors;
• acting as editor-in-chief on major tender submissions, drafting key messages and coordinating author teams in the UK and abroad;
• undertaking tender reviews and developing policy/best practice guidelines for a wide range of professional firms, including Big Four and second tier accounting firms, City and regional law firms, leading chartered surveyors and actuaries;
• advising on and drafting major tenders in the UK and across Europe;
• developing and conducting workshops to improve tenders performance for a wide range of organisations;
• implementing market studies and client interview programmes for law firms and barristers’ chambers, accounting firms, management consultants, surveyors and property developers;
• developing and drafting annual reports and reviews for leading professional firms and plcs.