The is a working agenda and subject to change.
Enhancing the client experience through effective marketing and business development strategies to drive profitability
6 November, 2018
Registration & refreshments
Welcome to delegates
Conference chair: Terri Pepper Gavulic, Executive Director, TerraLex
Keynote: International trends in professional services marketing
- Reviewing marketing trends in professional services marketing: what lessons have been learned?
- What role does branding play in professional services marketing?
- Analysing the impact of the constant growth in digital technology on the provision and communication of professional services
- What will be the next big thing in professional services marketing?
Annabel RakePartner & Chief Marketing Officer, Deloitte
Demonstrating the value of marketing to law firm profitability
Understanding the partner perspective: how to engage partners more effectively in the marketing and business development strategy
Leadershiptalk: Influencing up
Stephen BlundellHead of Acritas Advisors, Acritas
Sean TwomeyDirector of Marketing and Business Development, HFW
Rob ChamberlainSenior Marketing and Business Development Manager, Eversheds Sutherland
Margarida SaragocaBusiness Development and Client Director, VDA
Case study: Contributing to the bottom line
- How marketing can make an impact on the bottom line.
- Delivering legal services marketing now and creating plans and teams which are geared to the future of law firms.
- Activities that really differentiate you and add value to your business.
Alessandra Almeida JonesAssociate Director, Marketing and Communications, Baker McKenzie
How software can improve pitch generation
Jade WaltonSales Manager, Enable
11.00 – 11.45
Why client satisfaction is not enough anymore: how to measure client commitment
- What questions to ask them and how often?
- Who should ask them?
Simon Rhind-TuttFounder & Managing Partner, Relationship Audits
- Getting through the RFP
- Impact of commoditisation
- Alternative pricing strategies
Terri Pepper GavulicExecutive Director, TerraLex
Brian GribbenDirector of Business Development, Marketing and Communications, Arendt & Medernach
Working with the directories
- Understanding how directories approach their research
- How to resource & manage your approach to directories
David AdamsDirector, Legal Media Monitor
Sam DukeEditor, IFLR1000
Rick JakubowskiGlobal Editor, Chambers and Partners
Ella MarshallEditor, Legal 500
11.50 – 12.20
Tech in action
Data-driven business development – using data to validate your firm’s initiatives and demonstrate ROI
- Data analysis enforces less experimental and more intentional behaviours
- Right-size your data: leverage existing information, create focused new data points
- Make facts count: visualise, interpret and communicate
David HarrisClient Solutions Director, OnePlace
Jill WarrenGlobal Director of Marketing & Business Development, Bird & Bird LLP
Low-cost, no-cost: marketing strategies for small law firms
- Managing your practical resources
- Picking your battles: identifying the key areas for improvement
- Leveraging partner engagement to promote marketing in a smaller law firm
Hannah FishMarketing Manager, Carpmaels & Ransford
Craig SharpeMarketing Manager, Darlingtons Solictiros
The marketing campaign balancing act
Why strategy and focus is key in a traditionally reactive market
- Goal setting
- Focus and execution
- Closing the loop
Caroline GrantCommunications Consultant, Independent
Michael WarrenDirector, Stanton Allen
Gus SellittoCo-founder, Byfield Consultancy
Peter ByreCEO, Digital Whiskey
Why top law firms are investing in building stronger relationships with their alumni
A brief look at why top law firms around the globe are establishing formal corporate alumni programs in order to achieve business objectives.
Charlotte SaultHead of International Marketing, IntraWorlds
Influencing: the art of smart content
- From push to pull marketing
- What do clients want from your content?
- How do you grab their attention?
- What works and what doesn’t?
- What platforms work best?
- Engaging partners
- Planning resources & managing ROI
- Content marketing post GDPR
Alex MorrallProduct and Content, Lexology
Michael MillarManaging Editor, Hogan Lovells Engage
Hélène PréchacLegal Content Manager, Hogan Lovells Engage
Laura CutlerMarketing Lead, Global Campaigns, Herbert Smith Freehills
Gaia FrancieriHead of Communication, Chiomenti
Creating your social media voice
- Navigating social media and building your online presence
- Understanding the new generation of clients
- Instagram: the new frontier?
Bogdan GecićPartner, Gecić Law
Change management: creating a marketing culture within your firm
- Aligning firm culture with a marketing and BD perspective
- Breaking down the silos: engaging partners and other departments to join the dots
- Proving your worth
Kevin WheelerPrincipal, Wheeler Associates
Katarína CiváňováGlobal Marketing & Business Development Director, Peterka Partners
Claudia MetzDirector International Strategy & Business Development, NautaDutilh
Tim de BoerHead of Marketing, Houthoff
More Ways to Amplify Your Network
Introducing BoardEx, a global database that enables companies to leverage their relationships and unknown connections
Nick FactorSales Director, EMEA, BoardEx
Tech Talk: Using technology to enhance the client experience
- AI, automation and legal tech: opportunity or threat? Where is all this leading?
- How can law firms use technology to enhance the customer journey?
- Is there a conflict between the digitalisation of the BD function and partners and law firm culture?
- Tech solutions with limited resources
- The power of data analytics to transform law firms
- Using big data tools to improve client knowledge and spot opportunities for offering additional legal advice
Andrea MiskolcziChief Business Development & Marketing Officer, Wolf Theiss
Knut-Magnar AanestadHead of Innovation, Kluge
Harry PfefferInternational Sales Manager, LexisNexis
Cesar MejiasIT Director, Garrigues
Understanding the client perspective
- What marketing efforts cut through the fog and pique the client’s interest? What doesn’t?
- What role does a firm’s diversity policy play in panel selection? What role does pro bono play?
- How do you make it on to the client’s radar to stand a chance of panel selection?
- What three things do clients most want from their law firms?
Caroline Hunter-YeatsPartner, Simmons & Simmons
Michael EllisGroup General Counsel, Abercrombie & Kent
Adrian WhiteheadGeneral Counsel Europe, Accor Hotel Services
What will you do differently tomorrow?
Richard GerrardDirector of Business Development & Marketing, Carter Ruck
Karolina ŠilingienėBusiness Development and Marketing Manager, Sorainen